Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Issue with Calendar sync with FirstClass Options
pwearp
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 5:26:07 AM
Groups: Member

I'm using Astrasync 4.0.27 on a Blackberry Storm. I updated the device software and also updated to the 4.0.27 version of Astrasync. I have existing future calendar items on the Blackberry that are not in FirstClass. When I sync the device, these items are not added to the calendar on the Blackberry. I tested by adding a new item on the Blackberry calendar and it is picked up in the sync and added to FirstClass. I also tested by adding a new item on the FirstClass calendar and it syncs fine. I just can't pickup my existing future calendar items on the phone. Ideas for what I can do (short of manually entering these existing events into FirstClass) to get them synced from the Blackberry?
Thanks!
-- Pam
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:10:09 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Pam,

Do these non-syncing future events have any unsual properties, for example are they relative recurring events, or are meetings with attendees?

Please try the following steps:

Navigate to one of the events on your device and make a small change, eg. add a letter to the title.
Return to AstraSync, go to Menu > Sync Status - Sync Now!
Has AstraSync picked up and synced the change to this event, if so are there any errors displayed?
Please also check the Debug log - From Sync Status screen - Menu > Debug Log, is there a message saying that this event was not synced?

Please let me know how you get on.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
pwearp
Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:08:16 AM
Groups: Member

I need to update this issue now. At this point, the calendar is not syncing with FirstClass or back to the Blackberry Storm at all. I've tried adding new items in both FirstClass and the Blackberry, and they do not sync. I've also tried to edit events in each platform and those don't sync either. The Astrasync log appears like it is going through the process, but doesn't sync. I don't get any errors in the log.
I've also tried watching the connection on the FirstClass Synchronization Services side. The only odd thing I see is the entry "No ActiveSync device ID. Temporarily using connection ID as session ID.
Thanks!
-- Pam