Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Meetingrequest send by wrong email Options
LucasH
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 3:03:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

At this moment I installed two mailaddresses at my BlackBerry.
One is using the standard BB mailapplication (hotmail).
The other one is using AstraSync (work email, exchange).

My calendar is synchronizing with the exchange calendar of my work. But when I create a new meeting request in my BlackBerry agenda and I add someone to this meeting. The request will send via Hotmail to the attendees and also the meeting will not appear in my work Calendar. While when I'm creating an appointment without attendees it shows up in my exchange calendar.

I already looked into the settings of AstraSync under Calendar settings but I only can choose:
- my hotmail address
- standard

When I choose Standard and click at Save it automatically returns to my hotmail address.

I hope that I miss something and I have to do somethings in the settings, because this is not really working out for me. Because I always have to create meeting request with attendees via my laptop.

Thank you in advance!
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 3:44:58 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello LucasH,

The current version of AstraSync does not support sending of Meeting Requests, only receiving.

The behaviour you are seeing is the hotmail CICAL service book sending out meeting requests.

We suggest that users remove any CICAL service books from the device to prevent this occurring. Currently, if you were to accept a Meeting Request using AstraSync, this meeting would be added to your calendar, the Hotmail CICAL book would then send out Meeting Invitations to every attendee in that meeting.

Please see this post for details:

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=4081&#4081

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support