Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Sync google calendar AND exchange calendar? Options
fenje7
Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:05:10 PM
Groups: Member

Looking for help. I use google calendar (but not google apps subscriber) for personal appointments and exchange for work. I'd like to have both on my blackberry calendar. Is it possible for Astra Sync to handle both if I don't have google apps? Or can use Astra Sync and Google sync simultaneously without creating conflicts? Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 5:27:34 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello fenje7,

AstraSync cannot currently sync more than one calendar at a time.

Having both GoogleSync and AstraSync installed may provide you with the solution that you require. However we do not recommend having mulitple syncing applications on a single device, as calendaring is a complex area and different applications sync calendars in different ways.

AstraSync does provide the ability to select which calendar on the device you would like to sync. This can be selected in the drop-down list in AstraSync Options > Calendar Settings.
This is initially set to the default calendar, so I would recommend that you do not select calendar syncing during the initial setup, but enable it after you have selected the device calendar that GoogleSync is not syncing.

However other users have reported problems with calendar items mixing when trying to sync more than one calendar.

I would recommend that you take the following steps before trying this solution:

• Backup all your personal data
• Remove any CICAL Service books from the device, instructions can be found here: http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1011
• If your Google account has a lot of calendar entries, it might be worth creating a test google account with only one or two, this will mean that if any problems occur, it will be easy to remove any mixed events from your Exchange Calendar. If the test is successfuly and the events stay within their respective calendars through multiple syncs of both applications you can change to your live calendar.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support