Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Where's the app? Options
rleer
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:23:05 AM
Groups: Member

Apologies fo being such a newbie (I am not a BB use) however I am a tech that supports administrators that have BBs. I purchased Astrasync to pull calendar and contacts from a FirstClass server. I download Astrasync 4.0.17 and it asked me to Run, which I did. Then I configured and syncing worked fine. Then sync quit a day later no errors, just does not go fetch. I followed forum and it appears I may need to clear calendar and restart service. However, I cannot find the AstraSync application? Not in BB application folder or Download folder. Cannot find an icon anywhere. I know the app is still loaded because I tried to download again and it prompts me that the version 4.0.17 is loaded.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:11:56 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello rleer,

What device are you using?

On older devices, eg. Curve 8310 running 4.5 AstraSync is downloaded to the BB desktop.

On newer devices AstraSync is downloaded to the Downloads folder.

Is it possible that AstraSync is hidden? The main menu on the device will have a 'show All' option

What OS are you running on this device, some users reported that one of the pre-release OS 5 versions caused them to 'lose' AstraSync.

They found that removing AstraSync and downloading a new copy remedied this for them.

Please let us know how you get on.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support