Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Only Syncing One way Options
njacobson
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:50:28 AM
Groups: Member

I am unable to create and event on my BB and sync to outlook.

I have my exchange cal set as my default and I have the cal set to sync the default. I did this b/c ever time I changed it to my exchange cal when I would double check it, it would revert back to the default cal within Astrasync.

Is there a step that I am missing? I am getting no errors. I can create an even in outlook and that does sync.

My perfer setting would to have my gmail set up as my default on my phone, and to have the astrasync only sync my exchange cal.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 6:44:44 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello njacobson,

Please try adding an event to the device then going to the Sync status screen in AstraSync and syncing.
Do you see the event that you have added to the device being synced? It should say:
Syncing Calendar
1 of 1 items

If you are not seeing this then AstraSync is not set to sync the correct calendar. Please double check the calendar settings, and ensure that AstraSync is syncing the correct calendar. The drop down list in Calendar settings should display a list of all the calendars on the device.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
cjmvanwijk
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:54:59 AM

I have similar problems: when I select an attendee in the new item it will not "arrive" in Outlook. When I don't select an attendee it works fine.
I have no Cical servicebooks defined on my device.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:00:10 AM

Hello cjnvanwijk,

When you say you select an attendee, do you mean you are making changes to an event on the device that has attendees?

If so, this is expected behaviour, as AstraSync will not sync any changes made to an event on the device if that event has attendees.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
cjmvanwijk
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:09:45 PM

Ranald Lillie wrote:
Hello cjnvanwijk,

When you say you select an attendee, do you mean you are making changes to an event on the device that has attendees?

If so, this is expected behaviour, as AstraSync will not sync any changes made to an event on the device if that event has attendees.

Ranald.

Hello Ranald,

does this mean that i can not sync an item that has attendees on my BB?
With Pocket Informant I am able to create such items. These items are displayed correctly in the native BB calendar.
The problem is that they are not synchronised with Outlook.
If so: is this a limitation that will be solved in the future??

Chris
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:41:54 AM

Hello Chris,

Any changes made to an event with attendees on the server will be synced to your device.

However any changes made to an event with attendees on the device will not be synced to the server. (You will see an entry in the AstraSync Debug log to this effect)

This is due to the limitations imposed by the BlackBerry APIs. They do not allow enough information to be passed to safely update other user's calendars, on the server. Which is what would have to happen if you made changes to an event with attendees, as each attendee would have to be informed of the changes.

This is not something that can be solved in the future as the BlackBerry APIs just do not provide the functionality required.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support