Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar not syncing from BB to Exchange Options
eduardo.elgueta@navixchile.com
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:48:52 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm using v3.1.20 with MS Exchange 2007.

When I receive and accept a meeting invitation on my BB Bold, the event is not synced to Exchange.

When I accept the meeting in Exchange (using Mac Mail), the meeting is synced to the BB twice! One with the right invitee list and another with just the organizer as invited.

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Edo.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2009 7:43:16 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Edo,

Support for accepting and declining meeting requests has been added in AstraSync version 4.

I assume if you are accepting meeting requests you are doing it in the native email application not AstraSync.

If you are using the native email application, I take it you are using AstraSync to only sync Calendar and Contacts.

When attempting to sync a meeting, are you seeing a warning in AstraSync's Debug Log detailing that the event in question has not been synced to the server?

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
Posted: Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:34:16 AM

Ranald,

You're right. I'm using the native mail application, and I'm only syncing calendar and contacts.

I don't see any warnings. It's like AstraSync didn't realize there's a new appointment. The log looks like this:
Code:

[INFO] - 12/01 14:30 14:31:08 Synchronizing collection Calendar
[INFO] - 12/01 14:30 14:30:38 Synchronizing collection Contacts
NFO] - 12/01 14:30 14:30:11 CheckingPimChagesSate : Checking for changes to contacts
[INFO] - 12/01 14:30 14:30:11 CheckingPimChagesSate : Checking for changes to events

Any idea?

Edo.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:05:58 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Edo,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

As far as I can tell what you are seeing here is a symptom of the fact that you are using two different methods for handling the same type of data.

The ActiveSync protocol that AstraSync uses, sends the meeting requests to the device, but in order to take the workload for processing this meeting request away from the device, the server does all the hard work, of adding the calendar event etc.

Eg. you receive the meeting request, you accept, this acceptance gets sent back to the server and the server adds the meeting to your server side calendar, this then gets synced to your device.

However as you are using the native application (which does not use the ActiveSync protocol) to accept the meeting, this process is not being followed, and so the event is not added to the calendar.
Does the meeting event itself appear on the device calendar correctly? Is this the same calendar that AstraSync is syncing. (The BlackBerry calendar application is actually a calendar manager where mulitple calendars can be viewed)

I'm afraid I don't know exactly how the native application handles meeting requests, so I can't speculate any further.

The reason you are seeing a meeting created on the server being created on the device twice, is because AstraSync is syncing it once, and the native application is also syncing it by way of the CICAL service book.

Please see this link regarding AstraSync and the service books:

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1011

My advice would be to upgrade to AstraSync 4, enable syncing of email and accept meeting requests through AstraSync.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 12:59:58 PM

Ranald,

Thank you.

The events I accept on the native mail application look good in the device calendar.I also checked up the default device calendar is the same I'm syncing with AstraSync.

I deleted the CICAL service book. I'll see what happens. If it doesn't work out, I will try the AstraSync email client.

Regards.

Edo.
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 4:31:28 AM

Ranald,

No luck! After I removed the CICAL entry and rebooted the device (removing the batteries), AstraSync complained about not being able to access eduardo.elgueta's Calendar and disabled Calendar Sync. Whan I enabled Calendar Sync again, it only allowed me to choose Device Calendar. On the first sync I chose to deleted device entries to avoid duplication, and then in synced nothing from the Exchange calendar!

After all of this, if I add a test event to my device calendar it's not synced at all with the server.

Please help!

Edo.