Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar issue: All calendar items from last week of October and first week of November have dissap Options
Aleksandra
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:17:59 PM
Groups: Member

Dear Astrasync,
My name is Aleksandra Denisova, DSA III, at General Mills. We are currently testing Astrasync with multiple users to evaluate if it is a feasable solution. For the user with the Blackberry Storm, unpon initial Sync all the calendar items doubled in Exchange. Today, all calendar items from last week of October and first week of November have dissappeared from both Astrasync and the Exchange server. We are wondering what the fix is for the issue as well as the root cause. Please assist.

Thank you!
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:10:37 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Aleksandra,

If and PIM information is found on the device during initial installation, such as calendar events. AstraSync will ask the user if these should be deleted from the device, or synced to the server. The user is also warned that choosing to sync these items to the server could lead to duplication.
Did the Storm already have calendar information on the device when AstraSync was installed?

The BlackBerry device automatically purges older calendar events, these changes are then correctly picked up by AstraSync and synced to the server.

Please go to:
BB HomeScreen > Calendar > Options > General Options > Actions - Keep Appointments Forever.

This will prevent the device from removing the calendar items.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
eskenj
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:23:47 AM

Hello Astrasync Support,
I have a customer that has a similar issue. I have set her BB device from 60 days to "keep appointments forever", however I notice Astrasync also has calendar options too. It allows 2 weeks or one month as the maximum past days to keep appointments. Since there are 2 locations for calendar options (Blackberry and Astrsync), which one takes precedence? Do they need to match? If Astrasync wins over the BB settings, is there a way to extend past one month for the Astrasync options or turn it off?
vegasviaiowa
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:04:16 AM

I'm also having the issue of events deleting from my BB device and desktop calendar. Every day another day dissapears. It starts September 5th and goes through November 23rd. I anticipate tomorrow having November 24 delete from both my desktop and BB calendar. This is problematic because I need those events for mileage and such. I was able to go into desktop calendar and undelete, but it should not delete on its own in the first place. I have chosen to Keep Appointments Forever and this did not help. Please help.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:06:51 AM

Hello eskenj,

The AstraSync Calendar Setting is not related to keeping events on the device.

It is the window for changes that the AstraSync sends to the server.
So if you have the setting at 1 month and you make a change on the server more than 1 month ago, that change will not be synced to the device.

Any changes made on the device will be synced to the server, no matter how far in the past the event is.

I hope this clarifies the setting.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:12:14 AM

Hello vegasviaiowa,

This is a device bug that we have come across before, The device is still deleting your appointments, even though you have set it to keep them forever.

AstraSync is then correctly syncing this change to your server.

In some cases other users have found that upgrading the OS on their device solved this. Please check to see if there is a suitable OS upgrade for your device available.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
vegasviaiowa
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:34:32 AM

Hi Ranald,

I am using a Blackberry Storm and am running 5.0. Are there any other tips you can give me? This is frustrating because I need the events for mileage and other data purposes. Please help. Thanks.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 9:23:46 AM

Hello vegasviaiowa,

Unfortunately I don't have any other solutions to working around this device bug at this time.

Are the deletions still occuring on a daily regular interval? One of the problems with this device bug is that it is difficult to predict when it will happen and so collect diagnostic data.

If this is the case and you have an unlimited data plan, it would help us greatly if you enabled diagnostics in:
AstraSync Options > Diagnostic Settings

And left it running for a few days while these deletions occur.

This would transmit a large quantity of diagnostic data to our servers, hence the unlimited data plan.

Turn off diagnostics after a few days and send an email to support@astrasync.com

Please mark it for my attention and include a link to this post.

I realise that this will not solve your issue short term, but I'm afraid it's the best I can offer.
I will of course understand if you feel you are unable to provide the data.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
vegasviaiowa
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 10:09:00 AM

Hi Ranald,

It appears to be happening daily. And only started a few weeks ago. I don't have a problem setting the diagnostics this way and then emailing them to you. Can I email them directly from the diagnostic setting? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to do that. Thanks for your help. Gc
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 6:48:32 AM

Hello vegasviaiowa,

The diagnostics data is securely transmitted from your device to our servers as it is being collected.

The email that you send to AstraSync Support is to inform us that the diagnostic gathering has been completed. We will then open a support case for this issue.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
vegasviaiowa
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 8:00:09 AM

Hi Ranald,

Thanks for the information. I've been collecting the data for a few days now as you requested. I will send the email tomorrow morning. Just wanted to let you know that for one day I unchecked device can delete from my First Class settings, chose enable diagnostics in Astrasync and then on the next day again checked device can delete. Since that time, I have not had the problem so my data may not be worth much. However, I appreciate your help. Today will be the first day that I haven't messed with any settings so I may have more information tomorrow. Gc
vegasviaiowa
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:18:44 AM

Hi Ranald,

My issue seems to be fixed. If you need to look at the debug logs, they have been going for about 10 days. Thanks, Greg
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:35:46 AM

Hello Greg,

The information is still useful to us.

Please ensure that you turn off Diagnostics, this closes and flushes the log.
If you have not already done so, send and email to support@astrasync.com.

Please mark it for my attention
Please include a link to this post

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
Murley
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 12:38:29 PM

I have upgraded my OS and non-recurring appointments continue to be deleted from both my BB and server. I've set keep appointments forever. Can you help further?
Anthony Vu
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 8:34:43 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello Murley,

Is your device deleting the items in a regular interval? Does it delete it daily, weekly, bi weekly, etc? If so, we would like you to turn on diagnostics for us before the device deletes the item. This way we could review the logs and see what could possibly doing this. Once diagnostics is turned on and you have confirmed that the items did delete within this interval, please send an email referring to this email and provide us with your account name you use on Astrasync so we could track your log.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com