Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Syncing two calendars from Kerio Options
angus
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:50:11 AM
Groups: Member

Hi there,

We run Kerio as our server and outlook to view emails, calendars etc. The management team runs two calendars that we can post events to depending upon the event.

Is there a way to have our BB Bolds sync with both calendars?

thanks
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:46:52 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello angus,

Not with AstraSync, no.

AstraSync can only synchronise one calendar at a time, and will fully sync that from the device to the server.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
angus
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:39:51 PM

Thats a shame, is there any plans for a release of this type in the future?

Also just so I understand, how does BB manage to sync with FaceBook and other calendars at the same time? We dont run FB on our BBs but I know some people do and they have managed to sync with a few calendars at once.

thanks in advance
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:20:24 AM

Hello Angus,

I think I misunderstood your initial post.

The facebook application only syncs one calendar as well. The facebook calendar.

The Calendar application on your BB is actually a calendar manager, where you can interact with multiple calendars at one time. For example a BIS calendar, an Exchange Calendar and a FaceBook Calendar.

AstraSync provides a setting that allows you to select which calendar you want to sync to the exchange server.
If you were to have a BIS calendar as one of the calendars and use AstraSync for the other, you would be able to maintain and update different calendars on the device. However AstraSync would only be syncing one of these calendars.

However, from experience, I know that mulitple calendars on a device do not co-exist very well. They interfere with each other and require some careful management.

Please see these posts for details about multiple accounts and calendars
http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1011
http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1155

I would recommend that you try to avoid having multiple calendars on a device if possible.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
angus
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:40:49 PM

Thanks Ranald - i will check those posts and see what i can come up with.
angus
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:18:33 AM

Hi Ranald,

I have been playing around a bit but no luck.

You mention that "The Calendar application on your BB is actually a calendar manager, where you can interact with multiple calendars at one time. For example a BIS calendar, an Exchange Calendar and a FaceBook Calendar."

Is it possible to interact with 2 exchange calendars from the same exchange at the same time? Will AstraSync sync both calendars?

If it is, what is the best way to do it. Or if not, perhaps it would be a good idea for development down the track.

cheers

Angus
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:47:27 AM

Hello Angus,

The MicroSoft ActiveSync Protocol that is used to connect mobile devices to an Exchange server, is a bit of an all or nothing affair. The connection established is for one user account, and encompasses such things as: all the user data itself, enforcing a device password, setting the device idle timeout, sending a remote wipe to the device amongst other things. All of which are tied to the user account that the device is synced to.

I am unsure what would happen if you were to have to exchange accounts active on one device.

Certainly you would have to use two seperate applications.

As I am sure you can see from the explanation above AstraSync will never be able to sync more than one account at a time and hence one calendar.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support