Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar sync stopped; restarted, then goes "postal" Options
lonndoggie
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:29:10 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/26/2009
Posts: 11
Location: San Diego, CA
I've been running AstraSync for calendar and contacts for some time, successfully. A few days ago, I noticed a meeting in Outlook wasn't on my Blackberry. I opened AstraSync to see what was up.

First off, when I opened it, it prompted me as to if I wanted to let it update data. Apparently it hasn't been running since my last phone restart, due to this. I've set the permissions as permissively as possible, but this still happens.

So I ran a sync, and no calendar items were synced. Thought I'd start over, so I deleted my calendar via the desktop manager, and tried another sync. Nothing synced. So then I looked at my service books and saw the only account I had a CICAL entry for was facebook! So I resent my service books, deleted all CICAL entries except for my main email account, and tried again.

This time it synced--sort of--but not well. It didn't get all of my calendar items.

The ones it did it went kinda crazy with. The worst example (in terms of embarrassment) us a monthly meeting for all our department heads (and CEO, etc). It sent out new invitations to all attendees, showing me as the new organizer, and messing up the dates (it should be the first Monday of each month, but the new item was for the first day of each month). However, on my Blackberry, the item shows up on the right day (e.g., the first Monday of each month), but shows me as the organizer. In Outlook, it doesn't show up at all.

I thought I'd look trying it again--I'm on here to make sure I have the correct steps for deleting calendar entries and restarting--and when I went in to AstraSync to turn off calendar sync'ing, it it prompted me to allow access (again), and then went into sync'ing. It found two calendar entries, and, of course, sent out bogus invites to copies of those events to everyone. Grrr.

Part of the problem may be that I'd tried to install the 4.0 beta, which failed. The About page indicates I'm still running 3.1.20. I'm thinking maybe I'll try installing the beta again (couldn't be worse, eh?).

Any advice is welcomed.

Lonnie
lonndoggie
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:38:53 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/26/2009
Posts: 11
Location: San Diego, CA
It appears I'm back in business--but it wasn't easy. Uninstalled and tried to install the beta; it failed to install. Tried to install 3.1.20--it failed too. So I did something I've been thinking about doing--uninstalled BlackBerry Messenger 5.x--and then 3.1.20 installed OK. Contacts and calendar synced correctly and, best of all, no erroneous, embarrassing meeting invitation spam.

Whew!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS


Copyright © MailSite Software Inc. All rights reserved.