Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Blackberry OS5.0 calendar issue Options
jlaw
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 1:58:46 PM
Groups: Member

I am running OS5.0.0.238 on my Blackberry Bold. I use Astrasync only to sync my calendar with my device.

On my prior OS, I would delete all [CICAL] service books, and this would prevent meeting invitations from displaying as new messages on my device.

On OS5.0, I deleted those same service books, but meeting invitations are now coming to the device. This is a pain! Please help!

Also, FOR GOD'S SAKE, ADD THE OPTION TO HAVE CALENDAR ONLY SYNC LESS FREQUENTLY THAN ONCE PER HOUR. It is a BASIC FEATURE and will greatly increase battery life - which presently SUCKS. GET IT DONE ASAP PLEASE. THANKS.
Anthony Vu
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 3:04:21 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hi Jlaw,

OS 5.0.0.238 is a leaked beta version, and is currently not supported by AstraSync at the moment. We will look into supporting it once it becomes an official release. What you may try to do is uncheck calendar in Options> Sync Settings > resetting the calendar, then go to calendar settings and turn off the syncing of meeting attendees. After that is done, you must go back into calendar option and recheck the Calendar box. That should fix your problem.

In regards to the Calendar sync frequency, I will put in a request for product management to review.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com