Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

AstraSync items say "Send Using: FaceBook" in BB Calendar Options
KWheelerAZ
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:35:25 PM
Groups: Member

This is pretty weird. After installing 3.1.18 all my AstraSync pushed calendar items (from Outlook/Exchange) now say "Send Using: FaceBook" instead of Device Default in the Calendar "Send Using:" field on my BlackBerry. Further, if I enter anything into the "Send Using: Device Default" calendar AstraSync won't touch it. I can add, move, delete, whatever. AstraSync pretends it's not even there. The only way I can get AstraSync to sync it is if I set the "Send Using:" field to FaceBook when I create the calendar entry.

According to BlackBerry Calendar I have 3 calendars running. Device Default, FaceBook and Gmail. However, I have FaceBook set to NOT sync FaceBook to my BlackBerry. And I do NOT have Google Sync installed, nor is Gmail set to sync or touch the calendar in any way.

What the heck???

Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:50:45 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi KWheelerAZ,

Have you upgraded to OS 4.6 on your Curve?

The 4.6 OS update seems have changed something about the way some devices handle calendaring including making changes to the default calendar.
This maybe a symptom of what you are seeing, the current version of AstraSync is only able to sync one calendar, (this is something we are looking into) this is whichever calendar is detected when AstraSync is installed. This may only have manifested when you upgraded AstraSync.

Please try removing AstraSync, then download and install a new version of AstraSync.

Please let us know if this remedies the situation.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
KWheelerAZ
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:37:24 AM
Groups: Member

Ranald,

Currently I am running 4.5.0.81 BlackBerry OS. This is the highest level supported by T-Mobile USA.

I have already tried removing AstraSync and re-installing from scratch. That duplicates my calendar entries on the BB since it no longer sees the "Device Default" entries that already exist.

Thanks,
Keith
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:40:28 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Keith,

We will be contacting you by email to further discuss this case.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support