Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

on sync AstraSync sent out a bunch of my old calendar invites Options
adampr
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:43:15 AM
Groups: Member

My phone (8830) rebooted a few days ago and I forgot to relogin to AstraSync (annoying that I have to, but thats a different issue).

Today I relogged into AstraSync from my phone and it had 50 calendar updates (normal). But then I started getting reports from people that they are getting my old calendar invites. One person had 12!

Help??

-Adam
tdalton63
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:27:19 PM

I just had that happen to me, every invite on my work calendar was sent out through my personal email! to all attendees, even invites that I did not create. This is a terrible situation.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:39:54 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello adampr, tdalton63,

The behaviour you are experiencing is most likely related to the BIS CICAL books.

Please see this post:

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1011

And this post as an update regarding how the release version of 3.1 behaves:

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1155

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
tdalton63
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:12:22 AM

So some background might be helpful. My calendar items were duplicating on my calendar on my BB. In addition, the invitees on my meetings in Outlook on my laptop were disappearing. I thought it was becasue the attendees were not on the BB calendar and when it sync'd back it removed them. That is why I checked the block on Calendar options and it sent out all those calendar invites (sure wish there was something to prevent that) but anyway that is the history.

So I decided to delete the items from my calendar and try to sync again. I followed the instructions in the link above and it did not delete the items on my calendar. So I don't want to try and Sync until all items are gone. I shut the phone off and even removed the battery and the items are still on my calendar. Is there another way, becuase if I try to sync now, it will duplicate everything again. Thanks for all your help.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 3:31:44 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi tdalton63,

As you do not want to sync calendar. I assume that you currently have the calendar collection deselected in
AstraSync Options > Sync Settings
Deselecting this should have wiped the calendar on the device.

However if this is not the case. following the steps below will wipe the calendar on the device, allowing you to sync down the events on the server:

AstraSync Options > Sync Settings - deselect email and contacts, this will remove these collections from your device.
BB Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications - delete AstraSync. (the device may require a restart)
After restart, download and install a new copy of AstraSync.
During setup, select the calendar collection for synchronisation.
AstraSync will warn you that there are PIM data present on the device (your calendar events), which could cause duplication. Select 'Delete device items' and confirm.

After the sync completes the device calendar will be populated with your server events. You can then add the other collections.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
rdove4
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:30:05 AM

I had this same problem. My hand held was showing duplicate entries of recurring appointments and appointments with multiple attendees. When the calendar entries on my hand held were deleted as suggested, hundreds of meeting invites (all of which had been sent by my assistant or someone else) were resent to folks throughout the office. Very embarrassing. Needless to say, I have deleted the trial software from my hand held and will not be purchasing the software.