Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Previous Changes not Committed Error Options
CLeiby
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:38:02 AM
Groups: Member

I am trying the trial of AstraSync and have run into an error that I cannot get past. The error is as follows:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Previous changes not committed, commit changes or rollback before requesting more.

I searched the forum and found a post about this error that stated I should deselect each collection, sync and then readd each collection one at a time, syncing between each addition. I did this but when I readd the calendar collection and sync, the error comes back. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Any help would be great - Thanks
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:15:50 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi CLeiby,

Have you ever been able to successfully sync, eg. during the initial installation of AstraSync?

When you removed the collections, was there a point when you had all the collections de-selected? Only when there are no collections being synced at all does sync relationship between the device and the server reset.

If this is was not the case, please try this. - remove all the collections then only try syncing the calendar collection.

If the problem persists, or this is already what you have tried. We will need to gather more information to diagnose the issue. Please follow the steps below:

Deselect all collections.
AstraSync > Options > Diagnostic Settings - Enable Diagnostics.
Re-enable the Calendar collection only
Wait for the error to reproduce.
Wait a further 10 minutes and then return to Diagnostic Settings and disable diagnostics.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain.

Please also include:

A link to this forum posting.
The version of AstraSync you have installed.
The BlackBerry model and OS you are using.
The server you are syncing against e.g Exchange 2003 or 2007.

Thank you,

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support