Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

"Wireless Synchronization" disabled Options
macxpert
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 2:41:24 AM
Groups: Member

When I enabled Calendar syncing in AstraSync it successfully synced the items in my Blackberry calendar with my personal server and vice versa, however at the same time it disabled the "Wireless Synchronization" feature for syncing with my BES server so now I can't sync with my work anymore.

To be clear...I use BES instead of Astrasync for work, and I use AstraSync for my personal server. My goal is to have all three (BES, Blackberry, personal server) in sync.

My address book appears to sync just fine with BES as well as with AstraSync. Is there some reason Calendar doesn't work the same way?

Note I am using ActiveSync 3.1.17 (the latest release).
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, September 4, 2009 6:01:52 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi macxpert,

Please try and re-enable wireless synchronisation for the calendar manually.

Open the Calendar > Options > - select the calendar in question: - enable the wireless synchronisation.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
macxpert
Posted: Friday, September 4, 2009 8:05:41 PM

Tried that but the option doesn't allow me to change it. I go to Calendar > Options > "Device Default" (the only calendar listed) > highlight the Wireless Synchronization line (which shows "No") and hit the trackball, but it doesn't give me the Yes/No choices like it should. Tried the menu button and still no Yes/No choices or "Change Option" line.
macxpert
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:45:17 PM

any suggestion on this issue? i need to get my work calendar syncing again, even if that means turning off the calendar part of astrasync (though that better not be the "solution"!)
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:24:47 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi macxpert,

Have you tried disabling AstraSync's calendar sync, does the wireless synchronisation of your calendar resume?

The wireless synchronisation is a function of the BES server.

Your BES admin may have to resend the service books.

This can be done by right clicking your user name on the server list, it should be under the IT Admin setting.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
macxpert
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:04:40 AM

Thank you for the suggestion - I had my BES admin resend the service book and it took effect immediately. I now have 2-way sync with my BES restored.

That said, I appear to now only have 1-way sync with AstraSync: changes made on my home server get read by AstraSync and added to my Blackberry calendar, but changes made on my Blackberry do not get uploaded by AstraSync to my home server.

So what should I do next?
Anthony Vu
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:32:24 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hi macxpert,

Could you please check to see which calendar you are making changes to? Calendar entries are color coded to reflect which calendar it is syncing with. Astrasync synchronizes to the default calendar. If you could adjust which calendar to write the entry to, that will solve the problem.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com
macxpert
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:04:36 PM

There are two calendars: Desktop, and "Device Default". Desktop is the one synced with BES, and that is the one I need AstraSync working with as well. If I can't enter an appointment on my Blackberry and have both BES and AstraSync update, then what's the point?