Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar not working Options
arharvey
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:48:18 AM
Groups: Member

Hi

I have just installed a trial version (v3.1.17) of AstraSync onto a Blackberry Bold running OS4.6. I have two (maybe only one) problems and an issue:

(1) I can now no longer access my Calendar - but is somewhat erratic: sometimes I get I get the message 'net_rim_bbcalendar_app(171) is not responding; process terminated' and once I was able to get in and see that the initial Calendar sync was succseful. Email and contacts seem to work fine. I can access appointments in my Theme window, but not from any Calendar icons.

(2) There appears to be big delays (minute) in responding at various points (eg the options window in AstraSync) - and in the AstraSync email application I keep being delayed by the timer icon appearing. I have plenty of freememory (20Mb), so I assume it is a problem with AstraSync.

(3) I think this is more of an issue: to tackle memory leakage I use 'QuickPull' to daily reset my Bb - following which most of my apps seem to restart automatically - but AstraSync needs to be restarted and which requires accepting several permissions. Can this be avoided?

Thanks

Andy

Ranald Lillie
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 9:01:02 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Andy,

Apologies for the delay in replying,

Are you still having the problem with the calendar? The error you are receiving is from the BB operating system. Does this error still occur if you disable calendar syncing within AstraSync?

The delay you are experiencing is not something we have seen in testing. Please remove and re-install AstraSync, if this delay still occurs please let us know and we will investigate further.

AstraSync is unable to auto-start when the device is rebooted, please see this post for details, it also answers your questions about the permission queries:

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1174

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
arharvey
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 9:23:44 AM
Groups: Member

Ranald
The problem also gave me messages saying "organising calendar". I restored my Bb to the state two days before installation and reinstalled AstraSync and all now works fine. If all is still fine in a couple of days I will buy it. Thanks for your help.

Maybe related to my problem was...I've had a strange issue with the desktop manager requesting updates to OS - this seemed to reinstall the same OS (4.6.0.122 I think) but left me with three calendars and all my appointments in the wrong calendar - it was all rather odd, but left me with the potential to completely lose my calendar at the next desktop synch. Anyway after the restoration I am back to two Calendars - one called my e-mail address (sensible) and the other called facebook (not sensible) - but it works. Maybe there is a connection between my temporary excess calendars and my "organising calendars" problem?

Andy
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 9:43:13 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the response,

There appear to have been some calendar changes in the 4.6 updates, which have caused some other issues with the device default calendar being renamed.

It may indeed be that you experienced something similar.

We are looking into this at the moment.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support