Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar only syncs one way. Options
kkoster
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:45:23 AM
Groups: Member

Blackberry 8900

If I put a meeting in my outlooks calendar it shows up on my blackberry calendar, but if I put a meeting in my Blackberry calendar it won't show up in my outlook calendar? It's basically syncing one way only?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:17:51 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Any event created on the calendar that AstraSync is syncing that is NOT a meeting (i.e DO NOT have attendees) will be synced in two directions.

New meetings that are created that have attendees will NOT be synced to the server.

The best thing to do with meetings is to create these on the server or within Outlook. These will then be synced to your device. You can then choose in AstraSync 3.1.12 and later whether to sync the attendees to your device or not. Please see http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1155

So whether it syncs depends if it has attendees or not.

With attendees the meeting/event will not sync in two directions, if the meeting or event has no attendees then it will sync in two directions.

We hope that helps to explain.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
kkoster
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:44:13 AM

All the meetings I put into my phone have not had attendees?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 3:25:04 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To help us investigate this issue we are going to need your help to gather some data.

Please can you go into Menu > Options > Diagnostic Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

Enter a test meeting on the calendar on your device. Note the subject, date and time and let us know what these are so that we can find the meeting in the log file.

Attempt then to sync. Confirm that the meeting has not made it to your Outlook calendar. Wait then another 10 minutes. Then go back into the Diagnostics Settings and turn off Diagnostics.

If you have access to webmail or OWA please also login to this and confirm that the meeting has not appeared.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain. Also in your email copy the link for this forum posting.

Please also let us know the BlackBerry model and OS you are using together with what server you are syncing against e.g Exchange 2003 or 2007.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
allenhale
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 7:42:59 AM

I'm having the same symptoms with both the calendar and contacts. Outlook to BB syncs fine. BB to Outlook requires a manual "Sync Now" for syncing to occur.

Were you able to resolve this?

Thank you.
Anthony Vu
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:18:27 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Allenhale,

Please follow the same instructions as Vicky's post and we will contact you shortly.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com