Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

duplicating entries, not syncing to outlook Options
jee
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:19:51 AM
Groups: Member

i'm having a few problems with my calendar sync:

1. i recently uninstalled facebook from my BB. now, when i make changes in my outlook calendar, they appear in my BB as duplicates and as a facebook appt ("send using: facebook"), color coded differently.

2. changes i make in my BB, both in appts and appt notes, do not show up in outlook.

i'm using a BB curve with the latest version of astrasync (3.1)
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:14:40 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

I would suggest that you follow the steps here to remove any CICAL service books from your device. It maybe that Facebook used some of these which is causing some of the problems.

-Stop the syncing of Calendar. This is done under Menu > Options > Sync Settings. Unselect Calendar, then hit Menu > Save. This will remove calendar items from your device. So if there are any on you BalckBerry that are not present on the server then we suggest you take a backup first.
-Delete the CICAL service books (see http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1011).
-Perform a soft reset (remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery).
-Resume the syncing of Calendar. This is done under Menu > Options > Sync Settings. Select Calendar, then hit Menu > Save.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com