Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar not syncing Options
ispsys
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:32:19 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

The calendar only syncs 4 items accoding to the "sync status" interface. When I check the agenda, I see 0. There should be a lot.

I tried to reinstall astrasync, disable and enable the calender sync deleting all items, tried the beta, nothing helps.

Please assist.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:28:54 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

If you login to the Zarafa webaccess webmail client rather than using Outlook can you see more than the 4 events in this calendar? I.e Are the events you see in Outlook also visible through the webmail client.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ckrimmel
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:44:53 PM

Hello, We are evaluating your software on a recently purchased Verizon Blackberry Tour. E-mail is synching perfectly, but, we are not able to get his calendar to synch up. All calendar items appear on the web end of his mailbox and also on his local system. Changes just are not being pushed to and from the phone.

Is any new information available on this issue and how it might possibly be resolved?

Thank you!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2009 4:44:06 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi ckrimmel,

To help us investigate this issue we are going to need your help to gather some data. Does the initial calendar sync complete? Can you see the entries on the device?

If no events appear to be making it to the phone please can you then do the following:

Please can you go into Menu > Options > Diagnostic Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

Go to Options > Sync Settings and uncheck calendar. Save your changes. Press Yes to the screen that appears asking if you want the events within your calendar on the phone deleting. This will clear the phones calendar. If you have events in here that are not on the server please take a backup first. Wait for AstraSync to stop processing.
Go back then to Options > Sync Settings and enable calendar once more. Please then wait for the phone to sync. Go to the Sync Status screen to see if any errors are reported. Please then check to see if your calendar on the phone is still empty. Then go back into the Diagnostics Settings and turn off Diagnostics.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain. Also in your email copy the link for this forum posting.

Please also let us know the BlackBerry model and OS you are using together with what server you are syncing against e.g Exchange 2003 or 2007

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ckrimmel
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2009 6:27:45 AM

Hi Vicky - I completed the steps you mentioned and it appears to be working now. It was a bit odd because last night the user created a new calendar item on his computer via Outlook 2007 and it synched to his phone but was not showing any other calendar items. After removing calendar from the synch, enabling diagnostics, and re-enabling calendar synch it processed around 45 items.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cliff