Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Calendar sync not working....contacts do Options
wwoodyard
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 9:41:55 AM
Groups: Member

My calendar sync doesn't seem to be working but my contact sync is. What can I do to resolve this. I have the BB Curve running v4.5
mike.henders
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 2:33:31 PM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

To help us investigate this issue we are going to need your help to gather some data.

Please can you go into Menu > Options > Diagnostic Settings. Select the option 'Enable Diagnostics'. Hit Menu > Save.

Attempt then sync and wait 10 minutes. Then go back into the Diagnostics Settings and turn off Diagnostics.

Once you have done this, email support@astrasync.com with your username and domain. Also in your email copy the link for this forum posting.

Please also let us know the BlackBerry model and OS you are using together with the server you are syncing against e.g Exchange 2003 or 2007.

Mike Henders
AstraSync Support
sspellman
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 6:59:55 PM

I am having the same problem. I sent an email and did a diagnostic run as well last evening.

Thanks!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:01:51 AM

sspellman, Many thanks for your logs. We are currently reviewing these and will be in touch via email shortly.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mvelasco
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:58:07 AM

I'm in the same boat. I just enabled diagnostics, so let me know if there's anything else I need to do. Using a Storm 9530.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:43:03 AM

mvelasco, Within the logs you have provided we can see the following message. You may also be able to see this within the Debug Log on your BlackBerry too.

Exception getting changes to PIM collection . Exception details: cr: AstraSync detected a large number of deletions. Since this is likely an unintended result of removing a BIS account AstraSync will not perform the deletion. Turning syncing off and on will re-sync items from the server. Contact support for more assistance.

Please follow the steps here to reset the contact collection. http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1064 This should resolve the problem. Should you have any contact data on the device that is not also on the server please take a backup first as the contact data on the phone will be lost.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
randelia
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 12:50:53 PM

I'm having the same problem syncing appointments with changes to notes.

Changes made to the notes field of appointments on my blackberry curve usually do not synch to exchange server. If there is only one sentence in the notes, and I add a couple cr/lf and then add a 2nd sentence, the appointment usually will not sync. After this change is made to the notes field, even changes to appointment time, location, etc. will not sync either.

Note, if I just add another word to the end of the one sentence in the notes, then the appointment WILL sync properly.

The notes field in contacts works properly.

My blackberry curve 8330 has all the latest updates - updated it just the other day. Vrsion 4.5 of the OS I believe.
I have an MS Exchange 2003 server with all the latest patches/hotfixes applied.

I am going to turn on diagnostic logging. Then I'll make a change to the notes field of the appointment. Then I will manually 'synchronize now' within the Astrasynch app. Note, it's 3:50pm eastern time USA right now...

Let me know what you find.

-Randy Bredell

randelia
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 12:58:40 PM

I just modified the notes in an appointment & manually started a sync. Astrasynch recognized that there was 1 change to my calendar. however, the change was NOT synched to my exchange server.

I started with one sentence in the notes when I created the appt on my BB. This did synch to exchange.Then I added two carriage returns and another sentence to the notes field. Adding this extra text broke the synchronization. I did have diagnostic logging turned on when I did this.

-Randy Bredell
Amit.Patel
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 1:56:17 PM

Hi randelia

We will review the issue you reported and get back to you.

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com