Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Phone upgrade and missing Exchange calendar items Options
ppa_it
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 9:28:11 AM
Groups: Member

Here's the full story. One of our users had their BlackBerry SIM card upgraded so that they can use their phone internationally. A few hours after that, about half of her calendar appointments in her Outlook 2007 client began to disappear and a few appointments duplicated. All of her calendar items on her BlackBerry seem to have been unaffected and her email and contacts are continuing to sync without a problem.

Here's my main question. The quick and dirty solution would be for us to export all of the items from the calendar on AstraSync, erase the appointments from her BlackBerry calendar, erase all appointments from Exchange/Outlook, and then restore the exported items to Exchange/Outlook. My short term question is: can I export the AstraSync calendar items from the BlackBerry? Would that be done by simply using BB desktop software?

My long term and less important question is, would upgrading a BlackBerry so that it could be used internationally (I don't know the details of this because it was done by another division of our IT department) affect synching with AstraSync? It seems like it wouldn't, but the timing was very suspicious and this the only user in our entire organization that had this problem.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 7:26:22 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

ppa_it wrote:

The quick and dirty solution would be for us to export all of the items from the calendar on AstraSync, erase the appointments from her BlackBerry calendar, erase all appointments from Exchange/Outlook, and then restore the exported items to Exchange/Outlook. My short term question is: can I export the AstraSync calendar items from the BlackBerry? Would that be done by simply using BB desktop software?

Yes that is correct. Use the Desktop Manager to take a copy of the BlackBerry calendar.

ppa_it wrote:

Would upgrading a BlackBerry so that it could be used internationally (I don't know the details of this because it was done by another division of our IT department) affect synching with AstraSync? It seems like it wouldn't, but the timing was very suspicious and this the only user in our entire organization that had this problem.

The changes made by the phone provider I suspect were connected to the service books on the device. This should only effect connections made to/from the device and we don't believe that this should have effected the calendar.

Has this issue occurred again at all? If so please let us know so that we can investigate further.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com