Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Battery Life Options
Gators2112
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:56:38 AM
Groups: Member

I just installed astrasync yesterday on my Blackberry Torch and my battery now drains in 4 hours. It appears to be constantly sync-ing, even though I have reduced down the sync schedule and I have reduced the peak hours down to just regular business hours. HELP!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:32:19 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please ensure that your AstraSync is not set to use Direct Push as this is very battery intensive. Under Options > Sync Schedule please set this to sync every 2 minutes instead or less often as required.

This should help. If you are still then having problems then please let us know.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
Gators2112
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:03:44 AM

Thank you very much. That helped tremendously.
lux209
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 11:51:44 AM

Hi,

Sorry to reopen this old post, but the battery life with astrasync is quite bad. Direct push with MS Exchange should not use more battery. As it is PUSH technology, the phone should not try to check if you have new mail, the mail will be pushed. Am I missing something ?

On my android phone I have my gmail and exchange accounts set to direct push and the battery life is still good, not as good as my Blackberry but even without push my SII drain battery like hell.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:24:45 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi lux208,

Direct push does mean that AstraSync does not go and check for new mail. Instead it maintains a constant open link to the server and is pushed the new email when it arrives. It is maintaining this constant connection that drains the battery.

If you really need direct push and swapping to a peak schedule of syncing every 2 minutes is not acceptable then we would recommend that you also install Monitor from www.monitor4bb.com. This application (we also designed it) helps to eliminate some of the battery drain associated with the use of AstraSync.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com