Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Modified single instance of recurring event does not sync correctly Options
gstockinger
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:55:29 AM
Groups: Member

After modifying a single instance of a recurring event in Outlook (e.g. modifying the notes field) it looses its connex to this recurring event during synchronisation to my BB and deletes all newly added information (notes field is empty afterwards).

During next sync it replicates this change back to Exchange, and the former changed info is missing there as well. This entry does not show as a modified recurring event in Outlook (no recurring-icon), but is a single calendar entry from now on.

Sometimes the entry even duplicates, so I have two calendar entries afterwards.

When starting by modifying an instance of a recurring event on my Blackberry, it shows correct there (and still has its connex, because when I try to open the entry my BB asks if I would like to open the recurring event or the single entry), but also looses its connex in Outlook (at least I get the modifications replicated).

I use AstraSync current version 4.0.17.
I have a BB Bold and I am replicating against Exchange Serv2003.
I have also wiped the whole calendar on BB already (turned off and on calcendar sync).
I have disabled syncing meeting attendees.

I am pretty sure that this has worked before and assume it has changed during upgrade to Version 4.

Please help and advise.

Regards,
Gerald

Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:05:14 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Gerald,

This is a rather complex matter, the behaviour you are seeing, with the event no longer being part of the series on the server when being modified is expected behaviour and has always been the case.

This is because of the different ways that the BlackBerry device and Exchange handle recurring events the exceptions to these, and the limitations of the BlackBerry APIs in comparison to Exchange. Some extensive processing is needed to convert between these different systems involving deleting the exception and creating a new event to replace the one that was altered.

The problems you are having the event duplicating is something we are aware of and are looking into, unfortunately as you have seen it is intermittent and we are still diagnosing this.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
gstockinger
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 5:42:28 AM
Groups: Member

Any news on that one? I am still experiencing the same problem with recurring events, where a single instance is being modified on the Exchange side.
Gerald
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 5:47:24 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Gerald,

Due to limitations in the BlackBerry API the behaviour you are still seeing will always occur. It is not possible to maintain the sync relationship with the server when one event in a series is modified. Therefore you will see a new single instance for the exception and the rest of the series otherwise still in place.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com