Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Unable to verify server credentials (yet another case) Options
trung.thai
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:30:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hi guys,

The following settings were used for my Blackberry 9780:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7097/7196987684_82ff21b5c4.jpg

And the error returned was: "Unable to verify server credentials. Select Back to change your credentials and try again or Next to continue. Warning: ew: net.rim.device.cldc.io.ippp.SocketBaseIO Exception: could not connect to webmail.ap.joneslanglasalle.com:443"

The very same settings were used for iPad and worked perfectly:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7229/7196987472_f9dd4ef8f2_b.jpg

What is wrong?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:30:35 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

The setting look correct on the BlackBerry as far as I can tell and these should work. The error that you are getting is the AstraSync could not contact the server rather than the credentials where wrong.

Please ensure that on your BlackBerry you can open a webpage and go to https://webmail.ap.joneslanglasalle.com

During setup AstraSync will have tried to 'use' the correct network settings. It is possible these might be wrong and thus is why AstraSync cannot connect. If you are trying to use TCP\IP for AstraSycn then you will need to set the APN on your BlackBerry first. If you have Wifi available please try setting AstraSync to use this under Options > Network Settings. Attempt then to complete the setup rather than using the mobile network.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
trung.thai
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:58:17 PM

Tried again and now the error message is just Fail to authenticate with server, please check login details.

I can open any webpages on my Blackberry with no problem.
trung.thai
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:36:43 PM

I just contacted my company's IT department and asked them to reset my password since I thought it could be the case that my password expired.

After that was done, I tried again with the new password, and now this error message comes up:

"Unable to verify server credentials

Select Back to change your credentials and try again or Next to continue.

Warning: ew:
net.rim.device.cldc.io.ippp.SocketBaseIOException: Connection reset by peer"
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:28:37 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

You didn't mention whether you had tried using Wifi or not. The new error yet again suggests a network issue connecting to the mailserver.

Please firstly reboot your BlackBerry by removing the battery. Start AstraSync again, press menu > Options > Network Settings and set this to use Wifi. Attempt then to complete the setup.

Please let us know what errors if any you get this time.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
trung.thai
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:41:40 AM

Yes I was using Wifi only.

One thing I just realized though is that my company's mail system automatically locks out my account and password after a few attempts made from AstraSync to connect to it. I will speak with the IT team tomorrow -- looks like AstraSync simply is not gonna work with our email system.