Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Cancelled meetings not deleted from Calendar Options
ak1r28
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:17:37 AM
Groups: Member

I have a bb 8520 curve running 5.0 firmware and downloaded an astrasync trial version. For the most part Email, Calendars and Contacts all sync from my Exchange 2003 server with no problems to my bb Calendars, Email and COntacts. But when a meeting is changed or deleted by the meeting maker (requester) in Outlook after I have previously accepted the request, it is not automatically removed from my bb calendar so I have to manually delete it from my bb calendar. Is this the normal behavior for this app? In my Outlook and OWA calendars it reflects the cancellation, but no matter how many times I sync astrasync, the item is never removed from my bb calendar unless I delete it. So is there a workaround, or is this the norm? Please advise. I read through about 13/20 entries on this thread and didn't find the answer. I could just be really tired though.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:53:30 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Is the meeting that you have accepted part of a series of recurring events or is it a stand alone instance?

If the meeting is within a series and one instance in that series is altered e.g the time swapped to be a hour earlier then this change will 'break' the sync relationship to the server. You should see a new entry on the BB for the meeting an hour earlier in addition to the original events. Any changes then made to the original series will not show up on the BB. You should still however be able to see these in Outlook.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
ak1r28
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:25:34 AM

Thanks for the response, but the problem is with a single non-recurring meeting instance. I completely erased a bb handset, installed AstraSync and sync'd email, contacts and calendars. After everything was sync'd successfully I created a new meeting invite for a non-recurring event. After I cancelled the meeting in Outlook I saw it removed from the Outlook calendar, but it remained on the bb. I intend to try out rescheduling appointments after I get down adding and removing basics. Any thoughts as to how to have the Outlook cancellation propagate to the bb calendar (without physically deleting it on the bb myself) since it doesn't currently?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:17:47 PM

This issue is being tracked now through a support case.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
sirsyncsalot
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:47:19 PM

I am having similar issue, altering the location of a recurring meeting actually creates duplicate meetings on bb, but it seems Vicky answered my question with:

"this change will 'break' the sync relationship to the server"

That is unfortunate. Are there plans to try to address this?
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:07:29 AM

Unfortunately due to the way in which BlackBerry deal with recurring events it is not possible to change this behaviour.

If the meeting is within a series and one instance in that series is altered e.g the time swapped to be a hour earlier or in your case a location altered to one event then this change will 'break' the sync relationship to the server. You should see a new entry on the BB for the meeting in the new location in addition to the original events. Any changes then made to the original series will not show up on the BB. You should still however be able to see these in Outlook.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com