Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Unable to verify server credentials Options
TR13KCD
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 7:02:20 AM
Groups: Member

I have set all the credentials as instructed by my IT folks, but receive this error when trying to activate/sync:

Unable to verify server credentials.

Select Back to change your credentials and try again or Next to continue.

Warning: ew:
net.rim.device.cldc.io.ippp.SocketBaseIO
Exception: could not connect to
[Server Name]:443
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:14:58 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Please double check that the server you are connecting to needs to have use SSL enabled. This error would indicate a network issue from the device when attempting to contact the server.

Depending on what network setting your phone selected on setup if you have Wifi available on your device please try swapping AstraSync to use this (Options > Network Settings) or go back in the setup then reattempt the connection again.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
AndrzejN
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:42:58 AM

I have similar problem yet more complicated. When using cellular connection I receive same error message that the programme is unable to verify server credetntials although these were double checked with my IT.

The problem with verifying credentials through cellular connection occurs regardless SSL enabling/disabling.

After enabling WiFi on the BB I passed the verification but then the syncing is possible through WiFi only and does not work through cellular connection. So I can sync my phone in the office only.

e-mail: anni@ess-food.com
server: mobile.danishcrown.dk
domain: dccat
user: ANNI
password: <password>
SSL: on
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:17:57 AM

I would first suggest that you try resetting your email password to something new within webmail. Enter this new password in AstraSync and attempt to sync using Wifi and also with a cellular connection. This should help if your password is expiring soon and this is causing AstraSync issues.

If the Wifi still works but the cellular doesn't then please can you help to gather some logs as follows.

-Go to Options > Diagnostics and Enable diagnostics and save.
-Ensure you are using the cellular network then go to Sync Status and press Sync Now.
-Wait for the sync to fail then go back and disable diagnostics.

Please then let us know once you have done this together with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can locate your logs for review.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
AndrzejN
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2011 2:23:03 PM

The problem continues after password change. I have made diagnostics as requested.

username: ANNI
domain: dccat
Anthony Vu
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:36:28 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hello,

We still currently do not have any information or any diagnostic files for your server. Could you double check for me again to see if the diagnostics is still enabled?

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com
AndrzejN
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 1:56:13 AM

Hi,

I will now enable diagnostics again and leave it on. I will make several attempts to sync over the cellular connection as well as over Wi-Fi during the day. I hope it'll leave some traces you may find and diagnose.

Thanks,
Andrzej
Tom_2103
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:42:27 AM

Hello,

I have also the problem with the server configuration.
I entered exactly (and several times) the same information I entered into my ipad (there it works fine), and I get the feedback for the verify, that den DNS lookup failed.

I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for input,

Thomas
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:59:38 AM

Hi Tom 2103,

It appears that the DNS has failed to resolve the address you entered as your server. If you enter this address into the browser on your BlackBerry do you get a response? The iPad/iPhone defaults to use SSL. Please ensure that you have ticked to use SSL within the AstraSync setup if this is required by your server.

If you are still having problems it would help to gather some logs as follows:

-Please go to Options > Diagnostic Settings with AstraSync and enable diagnostics and save. Tick Use Wifi if you are connecting via this.
-Sync Now in AstraSync to see your error.
-Go back to Diagnostics Settings and disable diagnostics and save.

Please then email support@astrasync.com referencing this post with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can find your logs here to review.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mciuk
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 6:54:38 AM

Hi.

I'm having the same problem. For the past week, the AstraSync trial's been running great. Two days ago, my boss (also a BB user) used her company credcard to renew the license. Yesterday afternoon, I started getting this problem (the failure to log on with the given credentials). I thought perhaps that this was because I had switched the sync schedule to active push and the server banned me, but that's not really likely, is it? At any rate, my IT guys wiped my BB pin from the GroupWise with DataSync Mobility pack synchro queue, but it didn't help.

My info is:
e-mail: marcin.ciuk@eitplus.pl
server: mobile.eitplus.pl
domain: eitplus.pl
user: mciuk
password: <password>
SSL: yes

To complete the picture, my company Nokia logs on with the same credentials no problem. It's quite upsetting, because everything had been working great until yesterday.
Anthony Vu
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 9:07:27 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff, Member

Hi mciuk,

Can I have you turn on the diagnostics for AstraSync under the Diagnostic Settings. Once you have it turned on, leave it running for 10 minutes, try to connect during this time, and when it throws you the error messages, you can turn off the diagnostics. Please send us an email to support@astrasync.com with a link to this posting, and I will take a look at your logs and help you diagnose the issue at hand.

Anthony Vu
Astrasync Technical Support
www,astrasync.com
mciuk
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:06:17 PM

Anthony Vu wrote:
Hi mciuk,

Can I have you turn on the diagnostics for AstraSync under the Diagnostic Settings. Once you have it turned on, leave it running for 10 minutes, try to connect during this time, and when it throws you the error messages, you can turn off the diagnostics. Please send us an email to support@astrasync.com with a link to this posting, and I will take a look at your logs and help you diagnose the issue at hand.

OK. Ran the diagnostics, the error popped up, and I sent the mail. I hope that some solution is possible.
Tom_2103
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:02:42 AM

Thanks for your help.
My problem is solved.
I closed the wizzard and entered the server information by the options - it worked directly.
Best regards
Thomas