Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Syncing BB9800 with XCH2003 error: 500 - Internal Server Error Options
dottorepc
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:33:45 AM
Groups: Member

Greetings from Tuscany, Italy,

I have a little problem with the configuration.

Verifying login details was ok.

In the Sync menu after it says "Checking for available folders" I got an error:
Check failed:
Server encountered an error:
'500 Internal server Error'

More deatils about the environment: The server is an XCH2003 on SBS2003. OWA is working and available for this account also. It works with external IP address and not with domain name BTW.

With the same BB and Astrasync I tried another connection to an XCH2010 (on SBS2011), it works.

testexchangeconnectivity results exactly the same errors about autodiscovery for both (XCH2003, XCH2010). There is no other error in the report.

I think I could modify something on the XCH2003 server, but I do not know what. Pls. help me! Thx!

Stefano

p.s. If you need some more details or logs, pls. let me know!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:54:39 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

An HTTP 500 error is an internal server error, as the error message reports you should take this up with your server admin. By the sounds of your post this may be yourself. If so then I would suggest you start by taking a look at the server logs on Exchange 2003 to see why the connection is refused. It may be that you are required to use a different URL for your ActiveSync server.

Do you have any other devices set up to use ActiveSync on the 2003 server?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
dottorepc
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:44:43 PM
Groups: Member

Yes I am the admin, but I was not the one who installed this server. Anyway, I checked all the logs. There is nothing correlated with this error message. There is no error in the log either. So it seems the problem is not on the server. Or I did not find it. What else could be wrong If I get this error message?

No, this was the first time we tried to access the server with Astrasync which uses ActiveSync. Before we tried the same BB with another server (XCH2010), worked fine.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:26:14 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Usually the server logs will tell you why the server is refusing the connection. The 500 error response is coming from the server rather than the AstraSync Blackberry device. Please also check that the account you are trying to sync with has ActiveSync enabled on that account on the server.

Do you have anyone on the Exchange 2003 server successfully using ActiveSync with an iPhone or Windows Mobile Device?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com