Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

'Enable Inactivity Lock' option Options
mikeofarrell
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:40:49 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I just installed AstraSync and it works wonderfully. The only thing I find frustrating is that I do not have the option to disable the inactivity lock like a co-worker of mine has.

I do not have the tick box that appears in the security settings like he has. I have logged into my account online and removed the check from the "Obey server security policy" option.

I find it really annoying to have to put my password in every 15 minutes. I just do not understand how a co-worker has a different option from me.

Cheers,

Mike
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:58:23 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hi Mike,

Please try logging into the AstraSync portal and turning off the security policy option on your subscription. Logout.

On the BlackBerry open AstraSync (if you have to enter the inactivity password then do so) from the inbox press men and choose Check for Updates. This will force the device to contact the AstraSync server and thus pass on the setting change to the device. After this is done please go to Options > Security Settings. You should then be able to turn the lock off.

Please let us know how you get on.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
mikeofarrell
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:09:18 AM
Groups: Member

Hello again,

I noticed that my email wasn't tied to my account yet. I am on 7 day trial, once I inputed the registration code the settings synced up with my online astrasync account and I could access the check box.

Cheers,

Mike