Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

AstraSync is asked for Read/Write permission on every execution and attachments not working properly Options
fekberg
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:13:25 AM
Groups: Member

I recently installed the Beta 4.1 and for every synced item AstraSync is asked for permission to read / write to the phone. Is there a work around for this? Can I somehow give AstraSync full permissions?

Another issue is the Attachments; As i've understood if someone attaches an image in an email ( embedded with HTML ) it should be viewable directly in the message, correct? Well that's not working. When you paste an image in outlook it is attached as a "weird" file and it's not viewable with AstraSync, I have to save it, rename it to xxx.jpg to view it.

Thanks for a great product!
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:35:44 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello fekberg,

The first issue is an OS bug that causes the device to query for security with every change to a contact / calendar event or both. It can manifest at anytime.

Other users have found that upgrading the device's OS has provided a resolution for this issue.

Please check if an OS upgrade is available for your device, this will be detailed on your Service Provider's web page.

HTML does not currently support inline image rendering. This is because images in HTML can be very large and could cause messages to be too large to download. Most mail clients allow the conversion of inline images to an attached file as Outlook does. It may be possible to customise the type of file that Outlook attaches, which could remove the need to rename the attachment.

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support
arharvey
Posted: Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:57:55 PM
Groups: Member

Dear Astrasync

I am having this same problem having upgraded to Astrasync 4.2.18 on a Torch using OS v6.0.0.246, which is the most up to date OS I think so I cannot upgrade. All RIM permissions are set to 'Allow' .( I don't understand what the MIDP tabs on the permissions page mean.) Can you help?

thanks

Andy

PS I didn't particularly want to upgrade, but the nagging to upgrade was a bit excessive - it would have been good to be able to have only one nag.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 1:17:46 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

arharvey, We have responded to you via email. Please check this and let us know if you need any further help.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com