Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Removing Duplicates Options
AWBC
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:05:11 PM
Groups: Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a way to remove the duplicate contats without re-installing the app.

I did the upgrade to the latest version the other day and stupidly say "yes" to keeping the contacts on the device and then sync with the exchange contacts. I now have two copies of everything...

What I would like to do is have it simply delete everything and then redownload the one copy from the server and keep everything in sync from that point on, but I can't work out how to do it.

I assume if I reinstall AstraSync and go though all the install steps again eventually I will get that question and can answer no, but I'd rather just delete and redownload if there's an easy way to ddo that?

Cheers, Nick.
Ranald Lillie
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2011 3:00:45 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

Hello Nick,

Resetting the Contact collection will achieve what you require.

Please see this post for details: AstraSync FAQ: Resetting the Contact Collection

Before doing this though, please check that you do not have duplicates on the server, if you continued syncing Contacts after you said 'Yes' to keeping the contacts, AstraSync will have synced the data from your device to the server on a subsequent sync.

If this is the case, you will have to remove the duplicates on your server first, please see this post for further information on the easiest way to do this: Duplicate Contacts or Calendar Events

Ranald.

Ranald Lillie
AstraSync Support