Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

OS6: Menu Key does nothing? Options
JCVignes
Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:04:57 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm a registered user of AS after having registered the_other_thing and I like AS better... But since I have installed it on my 9700 it drives me MAD. I am running OS 6 418.

Sometimes, not always and it goes back to normal after a battery cycle, I type a message press the menu key to send the message (by selecting send in the menu) only... the menu does not appear. The app is not frozen, the BB works (and I can show the menu in any other application or copy the text and paste it in the message app to send it from another account) but AS doesn't show me the menu so I can't send the email!!

It drives me insane and - obviously - makes AS borderline unusable... What can I do? Is there at least a magic keystroke I could use to send the email without using the menu?

Thanks for your help,
JC
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:22:02 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

AstraSync has quite a lot of shortcuts (http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=780) however 'send' is not one of these.

To allow us to investigate this issue for you please can you help to gather some logs as follows:

-Go to Options > Diagnostic Settings and Enable Diagnostics and Save.
-Compose a message and attempt to hit 'send' that results in the menu not appearing. Please then wait 2 minutes and try again.
-Go back to diagnostics and turn these off.

Please then email support@astrasync.com when you have done this together with your username and domain from AstraSync so that we can locate your log files for review.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com