Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

you are attempting to open a secure connection Options
blkbryb
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:54:22 PM
Groups: Member

I am getting this error.

I had the trial version working fine! Subscription expired maybe minutes before I paid. I thought I paid the night before but time differences?

Anyway, I have been getting this message ever since. "you are attempting to open a secure connection but the server's certificate has expired."

I have deleted and rebooted several times including taking the battery out. Re downloaded and configured it exactly as I had previously when it worked. but this message keeps coming up. I am going to uninstall because I am getting really tired of this message. Any help?

Oh, the version changed also between when I first installed about 7 days ago. This is the newer version. I may have started getting the problems after I agreed to get the newer version... HELP!
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:41:11 AM
Groups: Administration , AstraSync Staff

This error would indicate that a SSL certificates has expired. This might be the certificate that is used to access your company's server.

Try visiting your company's https:// website for OWA access on your BlackBerry browser and add the certificate to your trusted store on the BlackBerry. Does the message now go away if you now reopen AstraSync?

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
blkbryb
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:24:37 AM

This is it I believe! Thanks and sorry for taking your time.
pseuds
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:59:14 AM

Vicky Cwilewicz wrote:
This error would indicate that a SSL certificates has expired. This might be the certificate that is used to access your company's server.

Try visiting your company's https:// website for OWA access on your BlackBerry browser and add the certificate to your trusted store on the BlackBerry. Does the message now go away if you now reopen AstraSync?

I have the same problem. I have visited the company website, but that does not mention the certificate! It just goes straight to the website!

I really need to overcome this before buying as its a real pain! Help!!
Amit.Patel
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 3:29:06 PM

Hello blkbryb

What is the URL you are trying? If you do not want to disclose it here you can email the details to support@astrasync.com. Also if you are able to provide a test account that will be even better.

Who providers the SSL certificate for the web server you are trying to connect to?

Amit Patel
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
DanB
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:00:29 PM

i have a similar issue, but i am unable to save to the trusted store since i have an old IT policy from a prior firm. Do I need to wipe the handheld? Will that remove the old IT policy? Thanks.
Vicky Cwilewicz
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 6:16:35 AM

To help remove the IT policy I suggest that you look for help via the many websites dedicated to BlackBerry devices online. These should be able to give you steps to follow.

Vicky Cwilewicz
AstraSync Support
www.astrasync.com
wrmccombie
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2009 8:44:02 PM

I was getting the same message. I tried going to our server and accepting the certificate there. It should up in the certificate list but still did the same thing. Shutting off SSL was the only way I could stop it. Seems to be okay after that.